ExpatsArabia.com

Thursday, August 20, 2009

bloody blunder...

Just a few weeks ago, we started using our new system in the office which would promote speed in assisting our customers, which in turn will lower our AHT and facilitate us when we do multi-tasking. My first call using the system went really bad and up to this time it would still haunt me every now and then. As customer reps we must always practice caution especially for lost and stolen qeues. The reason behind, is of course, we would not want stopping the wrong cards. Unfortunately, one can never be lucky everytime... I have always been extra careful with my calls and would even let alone having to do the extras just to be able to concentrate on what I was doing at that precise moment. 

Yes, I have stopped a wrong card, made my customer tremendously frustrated and drove me to ask myself again if I was in the right job. Of course, I was very much apologetic as there clearly was a misunderstanding. He went on with his tirade and I let him vent until there was nothing else for him to say. So I told him that I will be taking full responsibility for what happened even if this meant losing my job. At that particular instance I did not care if I would, because I felt that since I have failed my customer I did not only fail myself but I also failed my team and the company I worked for. 

2 comments:

Hitesh Rawat said...

yea.....that is something...you can categorize as blunder.......

i also worked as Tech support rep....for like ....11-12 months....

Once i had to sit with a lady whose outlook was not working.....she asked me to fix.....i told her this would take time.....she said no she wants it rite now.......

i was on the call for more than 2 hours with the lady......at you won't believe ..... we stopped talking after some ...20-25 mins....so we both were quiet on the call for more than one and half hour.....i know you understand the importance of time period especially in a call center like real time environment......

that call hit my AHT very hard.....

although i failed to resolve the issue after two hours.....and had to raise the issue to my next level......but that was one call.....i can't forget ....even if i wish ..to....


best of luck.....woo hoo...\,,,/

Hitesh Rawat said...

yea...long comment....it's almost like a post......

:>