ExpatsArabia.com

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mabuhay!

I read Japol's blog about a call he received from a "kababayan." Getting a call from our "kabayan" is something that I look forward to because when you get to the "building rapport" part in the call you also get to discover a lot of things that our Filipino workers / customers volunteer to share with you. I learned that their life, as comfortable as it is, is lonely in their side of the world. Christmas is not as highly celebrated as it is here in the Philippines and is quite lonesome specially to our single Filipinos out there. Hence, for our Filipino clients, they find it so much a welcome relief being able to get through a Filipino customer service representative. I don't know if this holds true in other call centers. But where I work, we are not able to initiate speaking in our native vernacular unless we are requested by our Filipino customers to do so or if we feel that they are having a difficult time expressing themselves. One time I received a call from a Filipino and since our customers are from the UK we have adapted the British's intonation. I felt that my Filipino customer wanted to say something but could not seem to get it right. Oh please do not misconstrue, that happens to me once in a while since our brain tends to literally translates everything word for word. Anyway, I looked around me first (hahaha) and hinted that I was a Filipina. When he heard this he laughingly said "Whew! buti na lang aba e hirap na hirap na ako kaka English! Akala ko British ang kausap ko! Nagdudugo na ang ilong ko..." (Whew! It's a good thing! I was really having a hard time I thought I was speaking to a British national. My nose has started to bleed already ...)

Every time I am able to speak to one of our "kabayans" I can't help but be proud of our race. We excel in everything we do! So to all our kabayans working abroad, "Mabuhay kayong lahat! Continue being good ambassadors of our country! We are all proud of you! And most of all we too, are hoping to get where you are! haha So, to all of my Filipino countrymen a song from my heart from Francis M.

Francis m.

Mga kababayan ko
Dapat lang malaman nyo
Bilib ako sa kulay ko
Ako ay pilipino
Kung may itim or may puti
Mayron naman kayumangi
Isipin mo na kaya mong
Abutin ang yung minimithi
Dapat magsumikap para tayoy di maghirap
Ang trabaho mo pagbutihin mo
Dahil pag gusto mo ay kaya mo
Kung kaya mo ay kaya nya
At kaya nating dalawa
Magaling ang atin
Yan ang laging iisipin
Pag asensyo mararating
Kung handa kang tiisin
Ang hirap at pagod sa problema
Wag kang malunod
Umaahon ka wag lumubog
Pagka't ginhawa naman ang susunod
Iwasan mo ang ingit
Ang sa ibay ibig mong makamit
Dapat nga ikaw matuwa sa napala ng iyong kapatid
Ibig kung ipabatid
Na lahat tayo'y kabig bisig
Respetohin natin ang ating ina
Ilaw siya ng tahanan
Bigyang galang ang ama
At ang payo ang susudan
At sa magkakapatid
Kailang ay magmahalan
Dapat lng ay pag usapan ang hindi nauuwaan
Wag takasan ang pag kukulang
Kasalan ay panagutan
Mag malinis ay iwasan
Nakakainis marumi naman
Ang mag kaaway ipag bati
Gumitna ka ang wag kumampi
Lahat tayoy magkakapatid
Anong mang mali ay ituwid
Magdasal sa diyos maykapal
Maging banal at wag hangal
Itong tula ay alay ko
Sa inyo at sa buong mundo

1 comment:

riablahgs said...

hi enid.
thanks for this post. when people (like yourself) appreciate the kind of thing that we do, it makes staying here or anywhere else, apart from our homeland, all worth while. hirap din dito but we have to be here and contribute something back home...