ExpatsArabia.com

Sunday, September 13, 2009

pre-birthday prep for my Ally...

My daughter and I will spend "bonding time" on her birthday, I have plotted my vacation leaves early hence, will be on leave this coming Tuesday. For Ally's birthday I bought her gel pens which am sure she would love, as she has been hankering me for this for a month or so. It's not too much but my kids are more like my dad they like simple gifts but of course when they receive more than simple gifts...this lits up their faces more than a 1000 watt bulb would. My children know that they should be happy with what they have, my husband and I would always emphasize this to our children. And though they have questioned this at times, am glad that this is a rule they seem to have taken by heart.


Along with this gel pen, I have this sort of journal that I am going to give my daughter. It's something that I have been working on for a month. My daughter, I have noticed, is at times evasive about the "goings on" in her life. She would share most things with her Ate Sheila than she would want to share with me. Am not hurt or insulted but am just concerned about the reasons why she has chosen to keep things from me. Hence, this journal...this would serve as our correspondence "thingy" for stuff she has a hard time telling me face to face. As a child, my mother would always pressure me in telling me things that I would rather put in writing. And I am now wondering whether this is the same thing that my daughter is going through. So rather than pushing her away, I thought this "shared" journal would do good. ...well, hopefully...

No comments: