ExpatsArabia.com

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Birthday road trip...

The "date" that I had with my daughter yesterday went great! We went to Tagaytay and had lunch at Leslie's. I made sure that i brought along a drawing book and some art stuff that my daughter and I can do while waiting for our order. She drew the Taal Lake, which was a bit foggy though but the view was a sight to behold! After Leslie's we proceeded to Starbucks due to "insistent daughter demand" it was her first time :)  And on we went to Pink Sisters we stayed there and joined the adoration sisters in their midafternoon prayers. Then we met an old lady who requested to ride along with us till she can get to Aguinaldo highway. She was about 75 to 78 years old perhaps and she says that she has been in the Philippines for 11 years serving a Catholic Organisation called Focolare. She came from Italy, and I noted to my daughter that Italy was where she could find the best pasta and pizza. She was a very nice old lady who reminds me so much of my Lola Belle. I know I surprised my daughter today by letting a stranger join us but I trusted the Lord right that moment. I would like to think that I made a positive mark to my daughter. However, I also reminded my daughter that this is something that we do not do often and that we need to trust our instincts when someone approaches and asks for a ride as given the current times it's best to be on the defensive. We were supposed to watch a movie but my daughter and i decided to go home early as we wanted to celebrate the rest of the day with her two younger siblings.

1 comment:

riablahgs said...

Hi sis,

Hope all is well at your end and that you're all tucked safely in your homes... YM mo ko if you can ha...

God Bless.