ExpatsArabia.com

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Sheila!

Sheila has been with our family since January 2006. My youngest son was then only 7 months old. She arrived a month after I drove my former maid out of my house for the following reasons:

1) She gets herself drunk while taking care of my baby,

2) She leaves my kids in the house while she meets up with her lover

3) She got  pregnant

There are a lot more reason why I decided to let her go but such would fill out needless space. Sheila came at a time I needed help with my growing family. During the time without "nanny-help"  I would bring my two sons to my mom's house while my daughter is at school. When I arrive home in the morning I would pick up my older son and have him sleep beside me till I wake up at noon while my daughter and youngest son would stay at my parents' until further notice. Sheila was recommended by Abi, a very good friend of mine, who was based in Iloilo and I immediately asked her to fly over to Manila. Sheila has been a constant blessing eversince and I never once doubted about her capacity to take care of my 3 children while I am at work. She is such a good person, second mother to my children, my extra pair of hands.

When I am at work she would make sure that my 2 kids have done their homeworks... she reviews them to prepare for their exams. I would at times arrive home from work at 4:00 in the morning and find her preparing my daughter's reviewer. She prays the rosary with my children when I am at work. And when I pay her monthly wage she would send 90% to her family and the 10% left with her she buys stuff for my kids. 

Sheila, thank you so much for the time and effort that you spend for my children. You are no longer a stranger to us, you're already part of our family. Thank you for being so selfless...for being patient with my kids, for loving them as if they are your own. Thank you!

Happy Happy Birthday! May God bless you and may you have many more birthdays to come!

No comments: