ExpatsArabia.com

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ocean Park, Manila ... a glimpse of a world under the sea ...

It was my first time at Ocean Park in Manila and anywhere else where there is an Ocean Park in the world :) My son Alloy and I woke up at 5am and prepared for the ride. We picked up my niece and off we went. Well to start off we had a terrible first engine run so-to-speak as I am used to driving a matic. We had to use my dad’s car, a Honda civic-manual drive, as I felt that it was reliably lighter to drive than our Nissan super saloon. I had difficulty with the clutch only to find out that I was stepping on the brakes and not the clutch pedal heehaw. I know my sister Coco was really getting worried about my driving skills at that very moment that if I yelled "boo" she would have fainted on the spot. We arrived at Ocean Park at 6:45am, I had to drive in frenzy to beat the time as we were only good until 7:30 before the car turns into a pumpkin. See here, the car can’t be seen coursing through the streets of Manila as we didn’t want to violate the traffic rules on color coding. So there goes… we spent our waiting time walking around and watching the group of Chinese veterans exercising and slowly dancing to the tune of some Chinese "folkloric" song in the background. They were a sight to behold. One of the reasons why Chinese people are good at what they do. You can just see how disciplined they are. By the time we knew it, it was time to go and see the insides of Ocean Park. I could just tell you one word to describe what my small companions and I saw. Amazing! And yet this very word lacks the mmmph to it for me to really describe what this extraordinary place would mean for me and my little companions for the rest of our lives. It was a hell of an experience, my son for once, resisted the temptation to run around as he went from one big aquarium to another oggling at how beautiful and rich the ocean is. We all marvelled when we entered this tunnel like aquarium where all the different fishes including stingrays and other sea creatures would swim above us. It was our first time to see a shark up close their eyes were like painted over. They were eyes of the predator that they are. We saw the longest fish, the electric eel that contains 500 volts in their bodies, we also saw and were able to touch the starfish. I know the kids enjoyed the sights the only fish and sea creatures they knew before this trip was bangus, tilapia, galunggong, crabs, shrimps and squid. Makes you appreciate more our Creator for His beautiful handiwork. I wish I could have brought my youngest son and my only daughter. They too would have been in awe. It was Ocean Park’s soft opening hence, there were other places that were still being constructed but I vowed to bring my 2 other children and my husband there once it has been completed. I swear I left the park with my mouth still open in amazement. hahaha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow nice naman. it's been a long time na rin na pumunta kami sa mga theme park. mangyari san athis July kaso meron mandatory OT ang hubby ko sa work til August kaya postpone muna bakasyun namin:( musta na?

Riza said...

Hi, where is Ocean Park? I think I might wanna go with my kids too! Thanks for dropping by my site!