ExpatsArabia.com

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Circadian Rhythm

I have always had difficulty sleeping eversince I joined the call center industry. Even as I arrive home from work I would normally browse through the internet first or toss and turn before I am finally able to sleep. Even during my off days I find myself following the same sleep pattern... I am normally up from 12 noon till 3 or 4am. I miss those times when I would wake up early and enjoy the fresh morning breeze. According to bits and pieces I have picked up from the web such is a result of the disruption of one's circadian rhythm. Our body is used to sleeping during the evening hence, once our circadian rhythm is disrupted certain health risks may develop. Hence, when I do get the chance to doze off I make sure that my phone is on silent mode, draw my curtains and use my "eye mask" so that my eyes are adequately covered.

No comments: