ExpatsArabia.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

In retrospect...


The Year 2008 was the year of the Rat, and though Chinese charts say that it would be a favourable year for the monkey. I should say that it was not as good as I hoped it would be as my family and I faced one of the most difficult challenges in our life. All throughout 2008 starting January, I realised towards the year end ,that our parents have been in and out of the hospital, that my children got sick almost every month, that our finances were so bad and had no other recourse but to borrow money left and right and to make matters worst ,other "on the side jobs" have gone from good to nill. However, I, too realised that not all was terrible, it was in the year 2008 when we acquired our own home, finished paying for our car, when my son Alloy made it from 2nd honor to 1st honor, when my friends sent financial help for my mother, when our house was finally "blessed". It is also the year when our annual family Christmas reunion was held with a mass and where my relatives and my husband's relatives were able to attend. The year may have started out unfavorably but it was also a year of burying hatchets between erring family members, an insightful year geared towards making the following year a better one. May we all live in peace this Year of the Ox! And may we always call on our Lord for guidance as we persevere in everything we do throughout the year...

No comments: