ExpatsArabia.com

Monday, October 13, 2008

Cry to Heaven...

Last night as I was brooding over the fact that my husband made it faster to the laptop than I could, I went to our bedroom and turned the TV on. I was just in time to watch Korina Sanchez's segment Rated K and one of the featured stories was about a father whose wife passed away early this year. As usual Ms. Sanchez was able to portray the story in such a way that it made me cry so hard. She featured Roy dela Cruz and his struggles as a single parent in so much need of enlightenment, as a grieving widower, as a husband longing for his wife. I can't begin to tell you how much of his struggles are felt as you read through the letter he has written to his wife in the hope that there is "internet in heaven." I borrowed an excerpt from his very first entry, read on...


"Dear Mama,

Hi! Maybe you are surprised as to why I'm writing this letter and creating this blog. Just like the description says, maybe there's an internet in heaven... and maybe you could read this. I really wish there is a way that I could reach you. I really miss you Mama. ....

.... I want to be a good father Mama... I want to take care of our kids. I don't want to disappoint you. I love them very much! I would do everything for them! All that I ask is for them to love each other and co-exist harmoniously... if only you were here, at least I would have someone to help me talk to them and make them understand. I wish I wouldn't give up on them. I'm really sorry Mama for letting you down..."
--oOo--

I told about Roy's story to my husband and I could say how much we share the same sentiments... we both cannot imagine being without the other. Life would be a complete mess up if something (God forbid) happens to any one of us and be left with the big reponsibility of bringing up the children alone. Not that it is something that we do not like to do, it is the fact that taking on such a responsibility is something that we do not like to miserably fail doing.

Friends for the full story please visit Roy's blogsite at http://letters2mama.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

No comments: