ExpatsArabia.com

Monday, May 10, 2010

A call for change



Tomorrow, 10th of May 2010, is voting time in the Philippines. This will also be the first time that we will be using the smartmatic machine which is supposed to make voting and the counting of ballots much easier. As a Filipino citizen, as a voter, and as a mother I am as anxious as the candidates because I would like to be able to vote and say that I made the right choice. I would like to be so sure that any choice I make now would not haunt me back in the future. I would like to make sure that the people I will be voting for are after the best interest of the Filipino people. Someone who would be able to make at least that much awaited single step towards change. Someone whom we, Filipinos, can be proud of. A president who would not be easily swayed by the bad elements that would surely surround him. And a president who will not put this country to shame.


For my countrymen, this is the moment that we have waited for. We want change and this is one avenue that we can take to elicit change in our country. So please....please vote wisely and responsibly!

No comments: