ExpatsArabia.com

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Farewell President Cory Aquino

To many Filipinos, former President Cory Aquino stood as a symbol of hope. From the persevering and devoted wife of Ninoy, she rose to become the Philippine's first woman president. And she stood as the Filipino's nurturing mother, she was an honorable President, a person who valued truth above all. Cory Aquino is leaving the Filipino people with a great legacy...our freedom and our quest for truth and real democracy. Hence, when I woke up this morning to find out that she has passed away, I cried incontrollably. I cried because our "light at the end of the tunnel" is gone, I cried because our country has lost a good mother...a principled woman. I am sure her children and grandchildren are proud of her accomplishments. The Filipino people likewise are... Cory will always remain in our hearts and in our memories. For most of us, Cory Aquino will always be our President. I have faith in our people.... I have faith that the Filipinos will continue her quest. Let us not put all our beloved former President's efforts to rest. Once more let us join hands and show her our support by driving for truth, transparency, and good governance. To the family that Cory left behind, our condolences. 

No comments: