ExpatsArabia.com

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rejuvenated!...a Valentine hangover...

My husband and I spent our Valentine's weekend at Clark, Pampanga... it was the first time, since we got married that we've ever been together sans our children. And I should say that it was such an exhilirating experience. A time of renewal, rediscovering and reminiscing. We both had fun going the rounds of Clark, watching the airborne shows at the Hot Air Balloon Festival, taking each others' picture, laughing together, laughing at each other, (and sometimes hahaha) at other people, having henna tattoed and being together...alone...at last! In the past my husband and I would always plan weekend dates but often find ourselves going back home because I would tell him that I already miss our children. I sure wish we had done this earlier as it brought me and my husband closer together. We stayed at the Oxford Hotel which was located inside the Clark Freeport Zone. We had dinner at the Oasis Hotel and we enjoyed the buffet and the acoustic songs being rendered by the poolside. This Valentine's I got a ring from my husband and my favorite chocolate (which still brought me "kilig moments"). I hope that 10, 20, 30 and pushing it even...40 years from now we would still remain as close, as sweet, as caring, and as intensely in love as the first time we laid eyes on each other.

No comments: