ExpatsArabia.com

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Don't cry baby...


It's already 3pm I need to hurry up! I can't miss work today or on any other day. Life is tough, moms and dads can't afford to be absent. As I was preparing I told my youngest son that he needed to sleep some more. He saw me dressing up and asked me where I was going. I said that I needed to go to work. My son, Allen, started to complain and told me that I can't go to the office today. I asked him why and he said that "it's just so." How can you argue with that? But I told him I can't be absent because I won't be able to bring him to McDonald's or Jollibee. My son just can't be bought. He said that he does not care for McDonald's or Jollibee, he just wants me to stay home. Most times your kids can just tug at your heartstrings and turn you around. But my youngest son and I have one thing in common, we are both relentless. By this time my son hugs me and gives me butterfly kisses. I cannot lose this battle hahaha.... y'see, since February of this year I have requested to go on flexible schedule as I wanted to be able to spend time with my children. Sorry son, this is something that Mommy needs to do. My son was in tears when I left the house...

No comments: